Monday, April 27, 2009

A very nice weekend

Bindi and I traveled to Beaumont, TX last weekend. There were 3 all-breed shows and an evening specialty. Donnie & Sharon Boyd were also at the show and invited me to keep Bindi's crate in their set-up. We had a great time chatting all weekend!

Bindi won the Breed 3 of the 4 times in the ring with a Group First and a Group Fourth and she won the Specialty!

I tried Crawfish. I have eaten them before but was told on the plane by my seat mates that Beaumont was the best place to get them. Well.... they were fine, but to much work for what ya get. And the spice they put on them just messed up my hands... but it was good all the same. Cultural eating.

When I was walking Bindi in a field at the show there were strange mud chimneys (for no better explanation) around holes. Now if were home I would just think "ground critters", but these were different. So I asked a local and was told they were crawfish holes! Yep, right there out in the middle of a muddy field. Go figure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment