Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CRAP!

Well I'm home... Started out Friday with Dad taking Mom to the hospital, she stayed for 2 nights and is better, but it's taking a long time for her to get her starch back...

Then I took off with Bindi, Jasper, Tess & Ina in the motorhome for the roadtrip... Lots of Memorial Day traffic.... but got over Tiger Mt. no problems... I heard on the radio there was a wreck on I-90 further up the mountain, so I thought I would stop for gas and groceries. I pulled off at North Bend about 2 hours (in good traffic) from home. Filled up with gas, no problems... then drove across the street to the Safeway parking lot.... no breaks! I had to stand on the break peddle to make the damn thing stop. So I got it parked, and called AAA at about 5pm and they said they were swamped... I called Tom & Pam and they brought my box truck and van from home and we loaded up the doggies and Tom & Pam went home with them and I loaded my van with what I needed for the weekend and waited for AAA. The guy showed up at about 12:30am... and got it loaded up and I was on the road by 1:30am...

I took off for Spokane and made it almost all the way, but had to stop for a nap for about 1/2 hr and got to Spokane at about 6am.

I was pretty tired for the show on Saturday, but with a good night sleep was fine by Sunday.

So now to decide if I EVER will step into that motorhome again! It has stranded me several times now. All normal, no way to anticipate problems... but still it's always something with a motorhome.... I think I'm more likely to trust Alaska Airlines at this point!

At least I'm home with the dogs and Mom is better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment